Kevin Christopher is an of counsel patent attorney at Collins Legal, specializing in Biotech, Energy, Government, Intellectual Property, Licensing, Startups, and Transactions. Kevin attended law school in the San Francisco Bay Area where he interned for the U.S. Attorney's Office, Senior U.S. District Judge Charles R. Breyer, and energy law firm Keyes, Fox & Wiedman LLP. Kevin was an Outstanding Scholar in the UC Hastings Law and Bioscience Project, and Teaching Assistant to Governor Jennifer Granholm at Berkeley Law.
Upon graduation, Kevin worked for several years in technology transfer at Lawrence Livermore National Lab and the University of California, Berkeley. Kevin has advised or served as an early team member for startups Hypnalgesics (medical hypnotherapy), ImCare Biotech (hepatocellular carcinoma), LifeSea (algal protein), Phi Therapeutics (precision microbiome editing), and ZERE Energy (biomass conversion). Currently, Kevin is a member of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) Tech Transfer Committee and is a mentor to area startups through Launch Tennessee and the Biz Foundry.
Kevin serves both the Cookeville and Nashville offices and has a presence throughout East Tennessee. He is a descendant of famed Tennessean Thomas Spencer, though unlike his ancestor he is not seven feet tall and does not live in a sycamore tree. When not in your representation, Kevin can be found kayaking the Caney, climbing in the Obed, or tuning his Martin.
- UC Berkeley, School of Law – Continuing
- UC Davis, Biomedical Engineering – Continuing
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Lipscomb University, B.A., 2005
Activities & Affiliations
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), Tech Transfer Committee Member
- Biz Foundry, Advisory Board Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Legal Assistance Volunteers for Patent Applicants (LAVPA), Advisory Board Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Executive Council
- Tennessee Bar Association, Leadership Law, Class of 2017
- Tennessee Energy Mentors Network, Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council, Entrepreneur in Residence
- Tennessee, 2016
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2017